Protect Your Hands With Gloves
Just imagine going about your day-to-day activities without the help of your hands; it is practically impossible. You have a set of hands, and with them, you can wash, feed, and do all sorts of work effectively. The involvement of your hands in virtually every activity means they are potentially at risk of being exposed to harsh conditions or injured, hence the need for you to protect them.
Using gloves is one of the best ways to stay protected against harsh substances whether you’re working at home, at work, or in the lab. Gloves are a barrier between your hands and germs or other substances that are likely to harm you or that you just don’t want to make direct contact with your skin. There are various types of gloves available, and to ensure complete protection, you must choose the right kind of glove for the task at hand.
Factors to Bear in Mind When Choosing a Glove
Gloves are not made the same way or as one-size-fits-all. Hence, before choosing a glove for a particular activity, you must consider certain factors to ensure they are the right choice for the job. Here are a few factors to bear in mind;
Various gloves come in different sizes, and you should consider the size of your hand against what gloves you are planning to use. The size of your glove is one factor determining how comfortable your hands will be; you do not want to go for gloves that are too large or too small. Elastic gloves are advisable as they can adjust to suit the required function.
The material your glove is made of would say a lot about how well it can perform. Strength, durability, function, thickness, and resistance depend on the materials used. Latex, Nitrile, Vinyl, and Poly are all common materials gloves are made of. You must also account for personal preferences and allergies as well. For instance, it is not advisable for a person with a latex allergy to use latex gloves, no matter how suitable they may seem for the chosen job.
The job you have to perform is also an important factor to consider when choosing gloves. Therefore, before choosing your glove, you should match it with the job function at hand. Below are some suggested options for some common activities.
- Domestic cleaning/Hygiene: Keeping your hands from harmful substances like bleach or acids is important to staying safe. Nitrile gloves are the best for this situation.
- Industrial functions: Chemicals are common in various industries. So to keep your hands safe, utilize Nitrile gloves because of their strong chemical resistance.
- Medical functions: Germs are commonly present in hospitals and other medical facilities. Gloves are really important in this environment, as they protect you against contamination or contaminating others. Latex gloves are your go-to for this purpose.
- Gardening/Agriculture: You must keep your hands safe from any germs that may be present in the soil. It is easy for these germs to hide underneath your nails, which is why gloves are encouraged. The best gloves for this purpose are vinyl and nitrile gloves.
- For other simple and quick tasks like handling food, you can use poly gloves to both protect your hands and the items you’re working with.
The Benefits of Using Gloves
Your hands are essential to everyday life and are a key way that you interact with the world and those around you. Appreciating your hands and your health means doing everything you can to protect them; this includes keeping them away from harmful substances and chemicals.
Thankfully, you can easily do this by wearing gloves. However, gloves are ineffective if they are not used the right way. Therefore, be sure to use the best size and type for the task at hand, and your hands will ultimately thank you.