An office is a second home for employees, as they spend eight to ten hours a day there, and sometimes even more. Be it workplace productivity or employee wellbeing, businesses are bringing new attention to improving the overall environment of the office. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, most workplace quality improvements are being implemented hand-in-hand with infection prevention. The assurance of an air purifier is an encouraging one, an appliance designed to cleanse the air in an indoor environment, getting rid of all the impurities including odors, smoke, dust, and pet dander.
Businesses can improve the air quality of the workspace with the help of air purifiers. Then why shouldn't one make the practical choice and implement a solution that increases employee productivity and protects them against airborne pathogens? Read on to learn about the air purifiers and why investing in one is essential for a workspace.
WHAT ARE AIR PURIFIERS?
Air purifiers are cleaners that filter the air by removing contaminants and pollutants. They help improve air quality and contribute positively to the health of the employees along with the reduced chances of ingesting diseases borne byair pollutants, such as respiratory problems (development of emphysema, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, etc.), cardiovascular issues (impairing blood vessel function, speeding up calcification in arteries, increased risk of hemorrhagic stroke, etc.), and promote the development of cancer.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF AN AIR PURIFIER?
High-quality air purifiers inhibit the following features:
- High-quality air filtration technology
- Design features and ease of use
- Reduced noise
- Minimized energy consumption and maintenance cost
HOW DO AIR PURIFIERS WORK?
Air purifiers usually consist of multiple filters and a fan that sucks in and circulates fresh air. Pollutants and particles are captured as air passes through the filter and pushes the clean air back out. In general, filters are made from paper, fiber (often fiberglass), or mesh, and they need to be replaced regularly to remain effective.
WHY DOES A WORKSPACE NEED AN AIR PURIFIER?
Offices need air purifiers, they add more powerful air cleaning elements to traditional ventilation and air cleaning solutions that are standard in any office building by adding powerful air cleaning elements. People can always narrow down one that fits the need, from small to large air purifiers, as a simple plug-in solution. One can also get a more efficient air purifier for long-term installations.
CAN AIR PURIFIERS CAPTURE OR NEUTRALIZE COMMON CONTAMINENTS?
Several types of contaminants are present in office settings that air purifiers with multi-stage technology can capture:
- Mold and Mildew
- Dust mites and dust particles
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) include paint thinners, printers, and copiers emissions.
- Pet dandler
- Bad smell, odors, and perfumes
- Smell from smoke
These pollutants are naturally occurring indoors or can be introduced by the occupants of the building. Higher airborne pollutants are prevalent in buildings with enclosed, inefficient, or non-existent ventilation systems. Due to frequently closed windows and doors, the concentrations may also be higher during colder seasons.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHILE CHOOSING AN AIR PURIFIER?
Finding the perfect air purifier that is tailored to the needs of the particular workspace is simple. For example, one needs to ask themselves the following:
- How large is the office space?
- What types of contaminants need to be removed?
- What is the budget?
- What regulations pertain to health and safety in the country/region?
- What are the requirements of the business?
Apart from these questions, one also needs to check for the following while narrowing down on a device.
- CADR (Clean-Air Delivery Rate) rating: This measures the cleaning speed of the cleaner for removing smoke, dust, and pollen. Look for a CADR of at least 300; anything above 350 is considered excellent.
- Size guidelines: One may require a model capable of cleaning the complete room or hall for good efficacy. Choosing a model designed for an area bigger than the room area would ensure that the cleaner would operate in a lower, quieter setting.
- True HEPA: True HEPA filters effectively remove ultra-fine particles, i.e., dust, dander, pollen, mold, and other common allergens in the office.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF INSTALLING AIR PURIFIERS IN AN OFFICE?
There are various benefits of installing air purifiers in an office, and the truth is that air purifiers do work. One should always consider these benefits while installing air purifiers in their building, as they:
- Allow for a safer reopening amidst the COVID pandemic.
- Reduce the chance of getting the seasonal flu.
- Improve employee and workplace productivity.
- Minimize the risks of sick building syndrome.
- Portable, enhance the ease of use and placement
- Alleviate odors.
- Eliminate airborne diseases
Now that you are aware of this new age equipment and its benefits and how they can be essential additions to your overall workspace. An air purifier can improve an individual's life expectancy, enhance productivity, and help with their overall health.